Code of Ethics
Professional lenders association network of Australia PTY LTD
We the Members of the Professional Lenders Association Network of Australia Pty Ltd (PLAN Australia) set out this Code of Ethics outlining the minimum ethical standards to be maintained. By adhering to the Code of Ethics we believe that we will:
- Safeguard the reputation and standing of PLAN Australia and its Members;
- Provide Consumers with a high level of confidence and trust in the mortgage broking industry, and thereby;
- Raise the profile and business of all Australian mortgage brokers.
- To act with Honesty and Integrity at all times
This will extend to representations made in advertising, commissions received, all communications, advice provided and customer applications. This will ensure that the best interests of both the customer and financial institution are always upheld.
- To comply with all Laws and Regulations relating to the Mortgage Industry
To maintain a current understanding of and adherence to all laws and regulations as they pertain to the finance industry.
- Conflicts of Interest
In each professional assignment undertaken, a Member must both be and be seen to be free of any interest which is incompatible with the best interests of the customer. This will extend to both product advice and commissions received. Substantiation of any recommendation will be freely provided to the customer.
- To maintain Confidentiality in all dealings
Through adherence to the above, professional conduct will be maintained at all times.